THE BLOG READ ABOUT OUR LATEST PRODUCTS Call Us Today! 888-811-0727

IPDatatel IP BAT Broadband Alarm Transmitter: Total Self Monitoring

Have you ever wanted all the features of a central station monitoring service but wanted to do it on your own without paying the exorbitant fees associated with such a service? Then the IP BAT is for you!

The IP BAT Broadband Alarm Communicator by IPDatatel is the latest in self-monitoring technology. The module is a little bigger than a credit card and packs all the power of a central station service. There is a small monthly fee for using it, most of the time it’s under $10, but you get a lot of very cool features for that small monthly fee. Some of those features include a internet based interface that has a built in virtual keypad, the ability to set up a contact list, remote event log checking, set custom user names to user codes, and the ability to have messages sent to anyone on your contact list by either a phone call, text message, email, or all three at once. The other great thing about this module is that if you decide to have central station monitoring, you can and you will most likely only get charged for land line monitoring because the server makes the call as if it were from a land line phone.

The installation of the BAT is very simple. I connected it to the keybus terminals on a Vista 20P and then ran an Ethernet cable to my router. I then entered into programming in the alarm panel and input changes in the five sections that it told me to change. This is all it took, besides having it activated, to get the BAT up and running.

These units are compatible with Honeywell and DSC wired systems, but IPDatatel is coming out very soon with updated units that will work with some wireless systems also. You can check out what systems the IP BAT is compatible with HERE!

This is the neatest add on to an alarm system that I have seen in a long time. Thanks to IPDatatel for making something that takes self-monitoring to a whole new level.

Likes(3)Dislikes(0)
Joe Apr 18 at 1:42 am

Why do I need my alarm to email you so that you can email me? DUMB. How about sell what I have been looking for all evening? A device that connects to the modem port, understands contact id and then allows me to connect in via my home IP and view alerts. Did I need to mention that it needs to be able to email me directly? Virtual monitoring....really? You want how much a month to route email for me and create an additional failure point?

Likes(2)Dislikes(0)
Jon Boroughs Apr 18 at 11:38 am

Well that is one option we sell and we are always adding new items. We actually haven't come across any IP reporting device that doesn't have a fee attached to it. I am very sorry that you are frustrated, but that's just the way it is. We do have the TUXEDO wired keypad that can be used with the Honeywell Vista series panels that allows you to hook an ethernet cable between it and a router and through port-forwarding you can remotely access the keypad. It looks just like the real keypad and can be secured by username and password.

Check out the TUXEDO keypad

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
Jon Boroughs Apr 18 at 11:43 am

Also Joe... The fee for the BAT is paid yearly and it is $71.40. We don't take monthly payments. If you come across any IP reporting device that can be used for self-monitoring without a fee then, by all means, clue us in! We are always looking for low-cost items our customers can use. Thanks.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
Jon Boroughs Apr 18 at 11:58 am

One more thing Joe… if you know of a way of doing this then maybe you could invent the absolutely free, straight from the unit device and we could sell it. Like I mentioned before, we are always looking for options that are low cost for our customers.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
Al Gons Jan 31 at 6:12 pm

My questions are, is this unit compatible with the Concord line of GE panels? Does it make any difference if there is Cable or DSL internet provider? How easy is to program this device with the alarm system panel ? Thank you .

Al

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
Jon Boroughs Feb 1 at 9:07 am

The BAT is not compatible with the Concord line of GE systems. If you'd like to see the compatibility chart follow this link http://www.systemswebstore.com/Supported%20Panels_Rev_10312011.pdf

The BAT just needs a broadband "always on" internet connection and the programming is fairly easy and you'd just need to know how to get into the panel's programming sections

We have to advise that if you buy the WIFI BAT version be very careful about the wiring instructions. IPDatatel had a printing error on their pamphlets and if you have any questions, please call us.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
eggsan Jul 3 at 8:43 am

In case the ip signal is lost (dsl-telephone or cable-modem cut), will the system notify via text. If yes, how often (sec, min, hours) will the system look for ip response/confirmation? Will a message be received by user in case ip is restored? I understand no service provided by isp will produce same results (as cable cut). Thanks

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
Jon Boroughs Jul 3 at 9:31 am

If the signal is lost then the logical thought in my mind is that it won't transmit a signal. If there's no connection then it would be unable to send a message saying that the connection was lost. I do know that when an alarm panel loses connection through a communications device an error will register. If you have the panel's programming set to report communications failures then when the BAT restores it should send a signal that there was an interruption.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
eggsan Jul 3 at 6:15 pm

Thanks Mr. Boroughs. You are correct, this is a self-monitoring system. In case the system is connected to a monitoring service (your Co. offer this service for a monthly/yearly fee?), could I be notified if the the ISP is lost? Thanks again.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
Jon Boroughs Jul 8 at 9:32 am

See my above comment for the expanation to the ISP question. We do offer monitoring and you can do it through the BAT. You'd pay 107.40/year for the monitoring service and the BAT yearly fee of 71.40/year so it is actually cheaper to monitor through the BAT than using the IP communicator made by your alarm panel's manufacturer. Hope this helps answer your questions. Have a great day!

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)